Special protocol is part of the actions against Covid-19 adopted by the Company
To ensure protective actions against Covid-19, BRF, one of the largest food companies in the world, expanded the fleet of chartered buses that transport employees to their units throughout Paraná by 118%. The goal is to maintain a maximum capacity of 50% of passengers per vehicle, enabling correct social distancing. All charterers are making the trips under a special protocol that is part of the measures adopted by the company.
There are a number of procedures to be followed by all bus drivers and employees who use transportation to travel to the BRF unit and then to return to their homes, such as:
· The vehicle should have side windows open for ventilation. For vehicles with sealed windows, the ventilation system must be switched on under the option to enter the outside air;
· The vehicles must have a dispensermade available at the entrance with alcohol gel for employees to sanitize their hands;
· The cleaning of chartered vehicles must be carried out before the beginning of each work shift and at the end of the transport route;
· Employees are advised to measure temperature before leaving home. The measurement is also performed at the entrance of the transports and at the arrival at the unit;
· The use of masks is mandatory inside the vehicles and in any work environment;
· Recommendation to avoid agglomerations at bus stops;
· Maintaining a distance of at least 1.5 meters from other passengers;
· Not sitting next to passengers. The seat next to them must be empty and marked with a warning poster;
· Avoid touching surfaces inside the bus;
· Always sanitize hands when leaving;
· When arriving home, keys, shoes and belongings must be left in a box outside. Immediately change clothes, avoid physical contact with family members and take a shower.
The Company has proactively implemented a series of protective actions in all its operations, with a Standing Committee for Multidisciplinary Monitoring, composed of executives and experts, such as infectious disease specilaist Esper Kallas, in addition to consultancy from Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein. The protocols include, among other measures, removal of professionals from risk groups, restriction of access to units, checking body temperature before entering the plants, intense cleaning of the facilities, use of acrylic partition or minimum distance in the production line and in common areas, increased use of PPE, use of masks by all people in all areas, active search and monitoring of suspected cases, including family members.
The world's largest global poultry exporter, BRF has iconic brands such as Sadia, Perdigão and Qualy. Its purpose is to offer quality food that is increasingly tasty and practical, to people all over the world, through the sustainable management of a living, long and complex chain, which provides a better life for everyone, from the countryside to the table Based on fundamental commitments to safety, quality and integrity, the Company bases its strategy on a long-term vision and aims to generate value for the communities in which it operates, its employees and members, shareholders and society.